The current depot was constructed by Missouri Pacific in 1941 to consolidate the depots that once existed in both Arcadia and Ironton. Passenger service was provided until 1965.
In 2010, "Our Town Tomorrow" started coordinating with the Arcadia Valley Chamber Tourism Committee to determine the feasibility of reopening the station as an Amtrak stop. In 2012, Amtrak, MoDOT, Union Pacific, and community members began working in earnest towards achieving what had previously been a dream. They began drafting documents and securing funds for the new train station.
After securing over $600,000 needed to construct the new station, ground was broken in April 2016. The station was completed in October, and was formally opened with a ribbon cutting and ceremonial train stop for dignitaries on November 17, 2016. Regular passenger service commenced on November 20, 2016.
The depot is currently occupied by the Arcadia Valley Chamber of Commerce (Visitor's Center) and the Iron County Historical Society. It is manned by volunteers from the community, who welcome visitors to stop by during business hours to learn more about the Arcadia Valley Region.